Just rambling thoughts about anything that happens to be on my mind and that usually isn't much!
This blog best viewed with IE4 or greater and tongue in cheek

Sunday, March 14, 2010

The older we get

Back as a young man, (not too many years ago) I used to drink a big glass of water around 9 PM each evening.  This was like setting an alarm clock for 5 AM or even better because it didn't have snooze settings!  As you well know how habits work and still to this day I do the same thing.
 
However things have changed.  Last night as we "retired" the Warden asked, "Did you have your Dr. Pepper yet"?
 
"I don't drink Dr. Pepper!"  I remitted.
 
"You have most every night of our married life" she retorted.
 
"What in the world are you talking about?"  I was beginning to think she had lost the last of her mind.
 
"Well, I guess you're right," she explained.  "When we were younger you drank water, now it's Dr. Pepper because you're up at 10 PM, 2 AM and 4 AM!"
 
Then if that wasn't degrading enough .... SHE LAUGHED!

2 comments:

crabby old man said...

I can relate to this

The Ponderer said...

Now that is funny! Yeah, I use my cell phone alarm if I happen to sleep that long. But I have to cut off my liquids after dinner so I can sleep all night! :P